New in town ladies and gentlemen!

New in town ladies and gentlemen!
Check this out it a new bike shop in Richmond Hill located on 10133 Younge Street!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Its been awhile, but I'm back!!

So I know its been an incredible amount of time since I have put up a new post. But I am back in action and there is no ifs ands or buts.

Today I started my first day of training with Eric Morrison from "Top Down Wellness" and Erich Buamhard from "Buamhard Elite Training". It was a workout let me tell you. We started up with a warm up with some slow steady sled pulling and got into some faster pace sled pulling.

Warm Up consisted of:

Sledding pulling around the block, 1st pull: was scrunching your shoulder blades together and holding your arms straight and walking backward. 2nd pull: was simply just walking forward with your arms behind you held straight walking.

keep in mind that the sled weights about 35 pounds (on warm up) and it is a normal car tire with three 2 foot ling 2 by 4's bolted to the rubber of the tire and attached the 2 by 4's there is a metal post that you can add plates of weight on top to increase the load you are pulling. Please include this is all on asphalt. Rubber + Asphalt = DEATH!

After increasing the weight we changed up the lengths and we were running 2 light post lengths.

Running (The workout): 1st length was pulling the sled with the shoulders scrunched and arms straight. I was pulling 55 pounds on the asphalt . Reaching the first light post I had to drop down and give Eric 5 push ups. Than jump up and pull the sled to the second light post and drop down and giving Eric 5 burpies. Than I had to get up and sprint back to the starting light post where Eric Buamhard from "Elite Buamhard training" was doing medicine ball smashes, and than I traded off to Erich and he had to do the pulling. As Erich did his pulling I had to be smashing a 6 pound medicine ball on the ground continuously. Seems like an easy job, but it takes a fair bit of time to run the lengths.

I had done this 3 times and every set got harder and harder and felt like the rubber from the tire was sticking to the asphalt.

I am not going to lie this was a very difficult work out and I threw up. It was sick. Throwing up shows 2 things: 1. I am not fully in shape and 2. I am back and ready to concur!!

Than Eric Baumhard and I did some stretching.

How I felt:

During the beginning of the warm up I was feeling completely fine felt as if I was in shape. Once the speed increased I was fine for the first set but after that it was harder and harder. I felt really good after I finished throwing up, and blogging right now I feel really good. Tomorrow is rest and stretching day due to my back. Thursday is the next work out and I believe we are upping the stakes.

Other than that... blog you later ;) perhaps Thursday evening and or maybe Friday morning after my dive.

BYE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment